The Village of Marcellus is a voluntary unit, governmentally independent of the Town of
Marcellus and the County of Onondaga, of which it is a part. Marcellus is one of 15 villages
in Onondaga County. The Village Law and the New York State Constitution set forth the
structure and powers of government in the Village of Marcellus.
The Village of Marcellus government is responsible for providing such services as police
and fire protection, sewer, water supply, and highway services. Originally governed by a
five member Board, the Village of Marcellus, since the election of 1899, has been governed
by an elected Mayor and an elected Board of Trustees consisting of two members.
Elected to four year terms, the Mayor and members of the Board meet once each month
in general session open to the public. A Clerk and Treasurer, appointed by the Mayor,
subject to Board of Trustee approval, is also required under law. Other officials and
heads of departments, such as Highway, Water and Sewage, Police, required to carry
on the functions of the Village are appointed by the Mayor subject to the approval of the
Board of Trustees on an annual basis.
• John P. Curtin, Mayor
12 First St., Marcellus, NY 13108
• Patrick W. Cox, Trustee
19 Reed Pkwy., Marcellus, NY 13108
• Sara N. Tallman, Trustee
7 Reed St., Marcellus, NY 13108